About the Position: Communications Coordinator
We are seeking a sharp, enthusiastic individual to fill a newly created communications role in our active, progressive congregation that is spiritually alive, joyfully inclusive, and committed to justice. The successful applicant will help us voice and celebrate this mission in digital and print messages to members of the congregation and a wider community, sparking spiritual curiosity and cultivating spiritual growth. A positive attitude, collaborative style and ability to work with a diverse group of people and range of interests is necessary.
Position is 3⁄8 FTE, 15 hours per week reporting to the Senior Pastor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Work with pastoral staff to identify and develop a consistent “brand” voice and style expressing the mission and values of ORUCC on its website, social media outlets and other communications channels.
● Collaborate with staff and ministry team leaders to develop and implement strategies that will inspire the congregation and community to engage with events, activities, meetings, classes, and programs.
● Act as liaison with contracted web hosting company to coordinate website updates
● Develop and maintain a calendar of ministry events, community events, programs, and sermon series to promote and communicate to the congregation in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Competencies:
● Excellent communication skills with experience crafting messages for a variety of audiences and communication channels.
● Experience and interest in using technology to reach congregation and community.
● Experienced professional with integrity who can skillfully work in an environment with a variety of sensitive situations and confidential information, in mutual support of, and with, the pastoral staff.
● Comfortable working with groups addressing diverse racial, cultural and class-based issues as part of their spiritual practice.
● Keen knowledge of hospitality ethos, customer service principles and practices.
● The desire to become part of a unique, caring, and stimulating faith-based organization.
● Flexibility to adjust schedule to be present and participate in church life, events and meetings to build relationships among the congregation and Ministry teams.
To apply for this position, please email your resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to Communications Hiring, ORUCC, 1501 Gilbert Road, Madison WI 53711.