Update: September 9th
The Search Committee has spent the summer engaging with small groups in the congregation around three essential questions. They will wrap up this process in September.
The Leadership Team has formed an interim search committee that is working with our Wisconsin Conference UCC staff to secure an interim pastor beginning early in 2019.
Update: April 11, 2018 Pastoral Search Committee approved
The congregation approved a Pastoral Search Committee after worship on Sunday, April 8. The team will be chaired by Sara Roberts. Additional team members include Mary Bucknell, Dana Dobbins, Kim Kaspar, Brian Lancor, Doug Piper, Barbara Stretchberry, and Chris Thomas. Their charge is to lead the congregation through a UCC defined process to call a new Senior Pastor when Winton Boyd completes his tenure with us on January 6, 2019.
We will bless their work and their journey together in worship on April 22, and Sara Roberts will offer a mission moment to update you on how they are beginning their work.
- Tammy Martens and Ken Pennings will continue in their Associate Pastor positions through the transition; neither of them is interested in the Senior Pastor position.
- A Search Committee will be formed to find and call a Senior Pastor to our church.
- Winton will continue to serve as our pastor through 2018. His last Sunday with us will be January 6, 2019.
- Winton will not have a role in the search process, and once a Search Committee is formed, neither will the Leadership Team.
- Associate Conference Minister, Joanne Thomson, will be the primary support for the Search Committee as well as contact person with the Wisconsin Conference UCC. We are blessed to have her guidance and support.
- Discussion of interim ministry will be deferred until Fall 2018.
- While the Search Committee does its work, Winton and the Leadership Team will focus on the health and vitality of our church. We’ve got a full year of church ahead of us, and we’ve got a pastor’s tenure to celebrate … we’ll be busy and active and focused on these important matters.